return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Getting Worse!!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Chatanuga at Thu Feb 7 09:00:29 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Chatanuga ]  

The night before last, I tried giving them some treats before bed. Well, after I turned out the lights, they started getting into things with Casey attacking a lamp cord and trying to pull the lamp attached to it off the dresser. I got them out of the bedroom and shut the door. A few minutes later, they started in on the door, only stopping for a minute when I would spray them with a can of air under the door. It went on for several minutes before they finally settled down. Around 5AM, they started in again.

Last night, I gave them some treats again, and things started out okay in the bedroom. Then they again started to get into things. I shut them out of the room, and after a few minutes, they again started in on the door, repeating what happened the previous night. Around 5AM this morning, they again started in on the door, waking me up. This time, I took my hand and slapped it hard on the door to spook them away. That worked about as good as the can of air. They finally calmed down but started in again about 45 minutes later. Last night, the pounding was actually getting harder/louder.

I'm really needing to get this under control as I can't take much more of it. I'm losing sleep at night since I have a difficult time falling asleep after getting woken up by the sound of pounding and the doorknob rattling. My place was broken into about three years ago, and I'm still dealing with the memories of that. Not only that, but their behavior seems to be getting worse lately. Three times (as of this morning) Chessie has ripped the TV cable out of the wall in the living room, knocking out my cable TV box. Casey has five times in the past two mornings pulled the tank of the feeder in the kitchen off, spilling food all over. Anything that isn't nailed down is something that gets knocked out of their way when they get to chasing each other. They've even nearly knocked over kitchen chairs by jumping up on them in their chases. Anymore I'm starting to feel like a slave/prisoner in my home since they seem to be going from one mess or incident to another. With my stress from work and my drive to and from work, I'm not sure how much more I can take.
-----

Chessie and Casey Jones relaxing together.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Knock, knock, knocking on my door - Chatanuga, Mon Feb 4 09:28:32 2008