return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: a one person cat or a family cat! which one is yours

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Ravyn11 at Fri Dec 5 10:56:20 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Ravyn11 ]  

I belong to Athena. I have four cats altogether, but she is the alpha and she makes it clear that I am hers. If she is not using me, the others may enjoy me at their leisure. However if she is using me, the others may not come anywhere near or they will be boxed. She is very shy of other people, however, and will hide if visitors come over. If they are adults and are very quiet, after a time she will come and sniff them over, but any sudden movement and she's gone again. If they are noisy, or are children, forget it. She will not come out the entire duration of their visit. She is definately a one person cat.

Next in line is Clio. She's my little calico a coworker of mine found under a car. She is human. She cannot be bothered to play with the other kittens. If I am sitting (and Athena is not on my lap) my lap is hers. My shoulder is hers. My fingers are hers and she will lick them clean. She seemed friendly enough to my sister when she visited, but has not been around anyone else, so I cannot say for sure if she is a one person cat or not. Oops. Sorry. One person HUMAN. My apologies, Clio.

Oliver and Min couldn't care less about people in particular. Anyone can come and go and it wouldn't distract them from wrestling with each other and tearing around the house. They will snuggle and cuddle me when they have worn themselves out, they will accept holds and pets when they are bestowed, but it doesn't matter from whom.

However, Oliver has decided he's a one DOG cat. He loves my dog to death, and will follow her around begging for attention. Red is my dog, Oliver is HER cat. It's nice when pets have pets

Speaking of which, I own several mice, rats, and rabbits. These also belong to Athena. They are HER pets. She supervises their feeding, and is the first to them if she thinks there is a problem. She chases the kittens away from the tanks and cages, and is very protective of them. She's been around my one rabbit since his birth, and will snuggle and groom him as if she's his Mum...even though he's fully grown. She will not even let the dog near him.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  a one person cat or a family cat! which one is yours - zillionaire, Mon Sep 22 19:05:33 2003