return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

cat and toddler

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: nab219 at Sat Aug 6 09:10:54 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by nab219 ]  

I work with a girl who has 2 two yr old spayed and declawed male cats. She also has a 11mos old son who is active and learning to crawl and walk. Yesterday she said she was going to get rid of one of the cats if he bit her son again. She said that her son corners the cat and the cat bit the childs face. She also said yhe cat will go after the boy to bite him if he walks (or crawls) away. I told her that she should not leave the baby alone with the cat or cats at any time. Her reply was "well what should I do lock the cats in a basement '' Does anyone have suggestions about what to advice her in a gentle way since she has an explosive attitude. As for a second thought it amazes me how stupid people are...she should not leave the 11mos old boy with any pet. I told her that the cat was threatened by being cornered and will bite since her is clawless. It is a matter of time before she asks me to take the cat.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: cat and toddler - PHMadameAlto, Sat Aug 6 19:08:09 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: cat and toddler - 3coolcats, Mon Aug 8 12:34:50 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: cat and toddler - lucygoosey, Fri Aug 12 14:15:16 2005