return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Please give me the tips for finding a new home for MY CAT

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Yasuko at Tue Jan 27 06:23:40 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Yasuko ]  

I am trying to find a good new home for my cat. I need the suggestion about what kind of setting would be appropriate for him:

My cat, Tigger, is 5 yrs old, medium size, male, neutered, Japanese bobtail. He is very playful, and still like a baby, loves to be petted, and loves attention.
We adopted him with his brother when they were a few weeks old. We already had one medium size cat which was a few years older than him. We had a baby boy. He grew up with cats. We all had lived together with no problem. Unfortunately, my husband was transferred to Australia October, 2003. The quarantine for Australia is very strict (6 months), and we he got transferred we knew that we would be in Australia for less than a year. We had no intention to give cats away. So, we looked around and found 3 families to look after each of our cats, while we are gone. Tigger went to one of my very good friends, Kathy, who also loves animals. She has 2 cats and one dog, and 3 children. Unfortunately, Kathy says Tigger is not getting along well with her cats. Especially, one of them is 14-15 years old, and she does not like groughh play. In an effort to try and deal with the situation, she took him to the vet. The vet felt that Tigger was probably nervous and not happy at her place. Also, I wonder if I had pampered him too much, and that at my friendfs house he wasnft getting enough love and attention.

Kathy says that she can not keep him for much longer, because of the friction between the two cats. Now, I reluctantly decided to find him a permanent new home. He is very special to me. I would like to find him a good home, with minimum stress as possible.

What kind of setting would be good for him? If we can have choice, which I hope:
With or without existing pets?
If with cat(s), what kind of cats would be good?
I worry about him very much. Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thank you.

Yasuko

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Please give me the tips for finding a new home for MY CAT - Midask9, Wed Jan 28 00:07:05 2004