return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: 8 week old kitten vs. 11 month Maine Coon (long)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: JaimeMarie at Sat Nov 13 18:54:15 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by JaimeMarie ]  

Because I'm not seeing what is going on it's hard to say exactly what is happening. But from the way you are describing it, it sound more like play/dominate issues. Your 11 month old even though he is only playing is telling the younger one that he is the boss. My cats all went through this. I agree with Madame Alto. I would not allow unsupervise play sessions. Keep the cats seprate while your not home. Once the 8 week old is bigger and able to hold her own it will be ok to leave them together. But also, it's not good to give kitten free run of the house when your not home. I did that with my last one (luckly I was home) she some how got her hind leg caught in the slates of the bar stool. And was hanging there. I don't know what would have happened if no one was home. From that point on she was always put in a bedroom or bathroom when no one was there. Once she was bigger we let her have the house back.

-----
Jaime owned by
Mya the dog
and the cats:Crash, Moxie, Gabby and sometimes Tucker

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Cat and Bird... - SpookyScales, Mon Nov 22 16:03:01 2004
<< Previous topic:  2 Year old Ragdoll Cat Help with Introducing a 13 week old Ragdoll Kitten - BaileysMum, Fri Nov 12 18:05:28 2004