return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Introducing new abandoned cat to 14 year old cat

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: klpohl at Thu Jan 6 08:33:33 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by klpohl ]  

new cat is now immunized, tested and neutered. introuduced him 2 weeks ago to the old cat. they had sniffed each other a little through a cracked door for about 1 week prior. sometimes they seem to be ok together (will both sit with eyes closed in same room while quiet music playing and we are present). old cat gets quite agitated when new cat gets to close. old cat will hiss and swats new cat. they have sniffed nose to nose a couple times though with no hissing or growling. but old cat will ususally growl if new cat gets too close to him. in the beginning i thought the old cat would be the agressor but now it seems to have turned around. the new cat makes a point of getting into the old cats face. not sure if he is playing or picking on the old cat but he will chase him and has jumped/grabbed him from behind. whenever the new cat acts like this i get him with the squirt bottle. he seems to wait until he thinks the old cat won't see him coming or his back is turned and i can see him reving up ready to pounce. my old cat of course wants absolutely no part of this and has swatted, hissed, growled when it happens. he will then usually retreat and hide in the bathroom cupboard (his quiet hiding place since our kids were born). i definitely would not leave these two alone together. i am concerned for my older cat. it almost looks like he is being bullied. the new cat is very gentle with us and a wonderful pet. just not sure if this is the best thing for our old cat. any advice appreciated!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Follow-up on kitten and Maine Coon. - freakwriter, Mon Dec 6 13:29:53 2004
<< Previous topic:  Adult cat, new kitten - shadowcat2, Mon Nov 29 20:30:27 2004