return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

14 yr.old cat not responding well to kittens

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: proudk at Mon May 9 15:05:02 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by proudk ]  

Hi,
I have had my cat since birth and she has always been around other cats (we had 3 others when she was born). She has never loved other cats and has always hissed or yelled at them (she is very vocal anyhow). She doesn't like other cats near her.

However, I just got 2 kittens (3 months now) and we had them for 2 weeks and then moved to a new place and they are all around the apartment and have free rein (they were in their own rooms for the first week and sniffed one another's stuff). The kittens could care less that she yells at them but they are very curious with her and follow her around (which she hates). She now sleeps in my closet so they can't find her. She does come into bed though at night and purrs. She has her food in our bedroom and her own litterbox but the kittens use it to.

She doesn't physically attack but at night when we are all sleeping she will get physical if she thinks one of them is on her. The other night it was my hand unfortunately and she felt very bad after.

Does anyone have any suggestions other then the things I have already done? I don't know if she will ever accept them but I just wish she wasn't so stressed about them because they really could care less.

- Kandace

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: 14 yr.old cat not responding well to kittens - meow2me, Tue May 10 16:35:44 2005 image in post
>> Next Message:  RE: 14 yr.old cat not responding well to kittens - AstiLover, Wed May 11 12:55:44 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: 14 yr.old cat not responding well to kittens - proudk, Wed May 11 13:02:18 2005