return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Kitten Peeing in Same Place Aswell as Litter Box!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: pamelasockgirl at Tue May 27 07:01:24 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by pamelasockgirl ]  

I have an 8 month old kitten/cat and recently got a 7/8 week old kitten. We had a period of introducing them and they seem to be getting on well now.

My oldest Holly used to sleep on one of my couches on a wool throw and then one day I found poop on it and emptied it out and washed the throw. The next day I found pee on my couch where the throw used to be and I assumed it was Holly. I cleaned the stain and sprayed some antibacterial spray and odour control Febreze stuff on it too.

I just put the throw back on the couch as it's clean and dry and then my kitten Fridge, jumped up on it in front of me and peed on it.

Both of them have been using their boxes, there are two boxes. I gave Fridge a row, shouted at her because I was mad and put her in the litter box. I was thinking I should turn the cushion over as they are all interchangable and I can turn them over and swap them about, should I do this? I read the other replies about this and will try tin foil too... do you have any explantion as to why she would be doing this? Is she trying to claim her place on the couch over Holly, who used to sleep there?

She hasn't had her vaccinations yet but when I take her to get them I will ask the vet to check her out for any infections too.

Please help, it's making me very upset!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Kitten Peeing in Same Place Aswell as Litter Box! - PHMadameAlto, Tue May 27 18:23:05 2003