return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Please help my cats are fighting / how do I re introduce them???????

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: JassyKat at Sat Aug 30 06:59:13 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by JassyKat ]  

I have posted back in May, and still have the pretty much the same problem. I have 2 female cats, 10 Kitt and 6 Jasmine the six yr old has kidney disease for 6mths. The problem started in May, the 6 yr old started urinating in front of the liter box, she uses it also but 2 to 3 times a day she urinates out side the box. I took her to the vet and there is nothing other than her illness to cause this. I have used feliway spray 2 bottles worth. Nothing is working. THe two cats are not getting along. I have the feeling it is due to the younger cats illness. THe older cat chases her and hisses at her if she just passes by. We went away 3 times during the summer and took Jasmine with us and she used the liter box every time, when we came home within 3 days, she would urinate in front again/ And she urinates in front of each liter box . I have put a 3rd liter box in my bedroom because the older cat does not come in there, I was hoping Jasmine would feel less threatened, but she urinates there too. Now my next attempt was to separate the two.I separated the two in the middle of a ambush, I put the older cat Kitt in a separate room with food water liter etc and she has not been let out for 3 days. We left Jasmine in my bedroom assuming she would stay there because she usually stays in there 90% of the day.
What has happened is Jasmine is not urinating outside the box
and she is much more social. It seems she feels comfortable knowing Kitt is locked away. THe family takes turns sitting with kitty in the other room to keep her company. I dont know if this is the correct thing to do. I am not sure how to re introduce them and how long should I wait.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Please help my cats are fighting / how do I re introduce them??????? - PhunkyJess2k3, Tue Sep 2 12:23:00 2003
>> Next Message:  RE: Please help my cats are fighting / how do I re introduce them??????? - catman1, Wed Sep 3 23:31:04 2003