return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Cat is not using litterbox for some reason

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: melissa723 at Mon Oct 11 09:08:05 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by melissa723 ]  

I've had my cat for 4 years, and he has never had a problem using the litter box. We moved into our new house in March, and still he's had no problems. About a month and a half ago, he peed once in our guest bedroom on the comforter. At first I couldn't believe that he did it. Then as I was walking into our kitchen, I saw him peeing in the corner on the tile floor. The next day I woke up, and he had popped in the corner of our living room.

I took him to the vet to make sure it wasn't due to illness, but the vet said it may be behavioral since there wasn't any sign of him being sick. She told me if he does it again, to put him in a confined space where his litter box is located so he will re-learn to use the box. She told me to keep him confined for 2 weeks, and then let him out only when someone is home for another 2 weeks.

I did both of these things, and he was using his litterbox again. Two days ago I let him out on his own for good, and I was out of the house for most of the day. I came home and everything was fine. Yesterday I was out of the house for the first part of the morning and when I came home everything looked fine at first. I went upstairs, and he had pooped on our bed, and then I went into the kitchen, and he had peed in the corner again. He has never pooped on our bed, and I just don't understand why he's doing this all of a sudden.

I love my cat so much, and I don't want to give him away because of this problem, but I also don't want our new house to be ruined because of our cat.

Please help,
Melissa

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Cat is not using litterbox for some reason - JaimeMarie, Mon Oct 11 10:00:39 2004