return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Kitten poops every other poop on carpet....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: SuperPooper at Thu Aug 11 19:28:59 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by SuperPooper ]  

I have 3 cats now. 1 is a year and a half, the other 14 and a new kitten who is about 3mos old. We got her about 6wks. We kept her in our bedroom and used a small cardboard box for a litter box. She did good except for a few accidents which really seemed like she just didn't have full control. Anyway, we went away for a weekend and she stayed with the foster family we got her from. Since then she poops like every 3rd poop or so on the carpet...well more specifically air vents or powerstrips/cables. This is just weird.
I clean the litter box every other day which is fine to the other cats. It is very big box I got with a cover. It's the same litter she started with. I have tried putting her in the bathroom for a period of a few days were she had food, water and a litter box, getting her out periodically for play. This is hard to do because it causes my 3yr old child and the other cat stress. The 1.5 yr old cat is very attached to the kitten. I have tried laying down alumium foil where she likes to poop, i have tried moving the litter box there. I have taken her to the vet. I found she had worms even after I was told she was dewormed...but no issues or illness that would explain the behavior. She gets attention, but we are a working family so we are only home so many hours. That doesn't seem to matter if we are home or not when she poops. Cleaning the litter box does not matter. It isn't an issue she doesn't know how to use it.
I have used that spray...ferway...fermons...something...doesn't matter.
I have only caught her in the act a few times, each time I immediatly placed her in the litter box where she did her business...but the message to use it all the time isn't there.
I don't think she does it out of spite...I can't figure out why she would.
I have also changed her food per the vet.
I can't explain the air vents as the choice place, or power cords/strips. I am afraid she will get zapped as some of the power cords have discolored as if burned after she did that, and well, you just can't clean it out of a power strip. It's just weird.
I am out of ideas. I have NEVER had a cat with this issue. I am afraid I will have no choice but to give her back. But she is so sweet, and loved by my family, including other cats....I just hope I can find an answer here.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Kitten poops every other poop on carpet.... - PHMadameAlto, Thu Aug 11 20:38:04 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: Kitten poops every other poop on carpet.... - katieb, Fri Aug 12 12:16:40 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: Kitten poops every other poop on carpet.... - assie2071, Tue Aug 23 20:43:52 2005