return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Need help badly!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Tarahh1 at Fri Sep 1 11:29:29 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Tarahh1 ]  

Hello folks! What a great board!

Here is my issue...I recently moved to a huge condo 3 months ago with my 2 adult cats (and my boyfriend). One of my cats poops outside the litterbox---not daily, but seems to be every other day. It appears to happen at night so it is there in the morning---but she uses the box during the day.

She has been recently to the vet and no health issues were found. The box is extremely clean. I will honestly say we clean it each time they go, and also clean the box itself on a weekly basis---to include new litter.

She also gets a lot of attention and love----I just cannot figure out why she is doing this. My boyfriend is not happy about this situation and is getting very frustrated. My boyfriend is a very "clean" person, and therefore has trouble tolerating this type of mess. We have a mat outside the litterbox with platsic grass like top to catch any stray litter and he has alos placed a quilt type of blanket after that mat to catch anything that the plastic mat has not caught...and this is what the cat poops on.

The biggest change for her is that she now no longer sleeps with me. This was our normal ritual before I moved in with my boyfriend. Since it happens at night, I cannot help to think that it is because she is unhappy that she cannot sleep with me. The problem is that I cannot convince my boyfriend to let her sleep with us...and is not an option...(i know, he should choose cat in bed instead of poop on floor)...could this be it??? Any ideas on what we can do?

I love this cat-dearly. I am just getting frustrated with this situation and would like to know some tips on how to handle it.

My boyfriend will not look/touch the cat if the cat poops on the floor for the day. I do not agree with this...

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Need help badly! - PHMadameAlto, Sat Sep 2 13:15:11 2006