return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Peeing since intro of dog

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: samster at Mon Sep 25 12:23:49 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by samster ]  

Hi. I am the mother of 5 wonderful cats, who have been living happily (usually) with each other for a while. Recently, however, I got a new roommate, who has a very well-behaved, cat-respecting labrador. All of the cats have adjusted well to the dog except Kimba. She is 3 years old, and has always been perfect about using the box. She was fine for about the first month the dog lived here, but then the dog got sick and vomited on the floor. It was cleaned up, but since then, I can't get Kimba to stop peeing in that spot on the floor. Once, i caught her at it, the rest of the time I've just known it happend. I don't know 100% that it's her all the time, but I'm pretty sure since when she is locked up it doesnt seem to happen. I've cleaned the carpet with shampooer, and used simple solution and poured it all over that area. I still can't get the smell completely gone though. I've sprayed feliway in the area and have a feliway plugin. I have no room that I can lock her in, so I went and bought a big dog crate that fits a bed and litterbox in. shes staying in there during the day (poor thing) and when I'm home she can come out. I am planning on taking her to the vet (though I'm doubtful its anything but spite for the dog) to get a UA, but does anyone have any advice as to how to get the smell out, and what might help her adjust to the dog (its been 2 months since hes been with us, the peeing started about 3 weeks ago). I hate to keep her locked up all the time, and I can't kick the roommate out. Any help is appreciated.

-----
2.2 Wonderful kitties "KIMBA, TOPAZ, GULLIVER AND TANTOR"
0.1 WTF "Pepe"
1.1 Firebelly toads "Bif & Kaboom"
0.0.1 Painted (chubby) frog "Millhouse"
0.1 Normal Cornsnake "Skoda"
0.0.3 Red-leg running frogs(??) "Esma, Krank, Kusko"
and Lots of fish!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Peeing since intro of dog - PHMadameAlto, Tue Sep 26 20:48:20 2006