return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Kitty still misbehavin....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: kittyromeo at Thu Feb 15 18:40:45 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by kittyromeo ]  

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/9352/behavior.html

I went to the Cornell website to try and find info on getting a behavior consult for Ginger and they recommended this link. There is an extensive section on litterbox troubles at the bottom of the page. There is also a link on displaced aggression and litterbox issues about mid-page. Didn't read it, but with Ginger pooping in the center of the room it makes me wonder if she is telling the older cats off. (look at me! I stink! I belong here - deal with it!)

Go ahead and try a covered litterbox in the basement, and see how Ginger takes to it before trying it anywhere else. While you are gone, I'd really recommend you keep her in an area where she won't have access to carpet. Its a week - give her lots of love when you get back, she'll survive.

Also, it might be a great time to try using Feliway for Ginger. It's synthtic feline happy phermones. You can find it in a plug in diffuser at Petsmart, or your vet may have it in stock. I've used it twice with litter box problems with good results. The first time was when 6 yr. old Romes and I moved to a new place where the previous tenant had a cat or dog who had soiled the carpet behind the door. Romeo thought he had to re-mark the spot to tell this stranger it was his place now. Last year, one of my cats was seriously ill - when she started to recover she beat the crap out of one of my older cats who pooped outside of the litterbox several times as a result. Feliway brought the whole aggressive level in the feline household down, ending the problem. But it does take some time to work.

It might help all 3 cats like one another if you use a toy to encourage them to play with one another. Then Monster might not feel like he has to be such a monster (great name, btw)

Keep us posted...

Purrs,
Elizabeth

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Kitty still misbehavin.... - lolomo226, Fri Feb 16 06:30:30 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: Kitty still misbehavin.... - lolomo226, Thu Feb 15 15:24:21 2007