return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: About Ready To Skin My Cat

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: littleangel77007 at Fri Feb 23 15:45:47 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by littleangel77007 ]  

Thanks. I guarantee nothing's changed in my mom's room at all. But it could be an issue between the cats. 3 of the 4 would normally sleep all day on my mom's bed, including Kara. Maybe she was trying to mark the bed as hers or keep one of the other cats off?
The two other cats that share the bed are BooBear & Gretchen. Gretchen and Kara love each other. I constantly find them curled up together, grooming each other & sleeping with their arms around each other. Maybe Gretchen ticked Kara off a few times?
Kara gets along okay with Boo, grooms her occasionally. Boo has diabetes and IBD. Her IBD causes her to sometimes not make it to the litter box when she has to go #2. Maybe Kara doesn't like the lack of cleanliness? But that's been a problem for over a year; strange that Kara would suddenly be upset by it.
Boo was recently having some issues with her diabetes, so she's been in and out of the vet's office every 2 weeks for about 2 months now. Maybe some connection there?
Thanks for the ideas. We sell the Feliway diffusers. Maybe I'll try one. I never even gave them much thought.

Oh, and I will attest to the rug backing thing too. When we adopted Gretchen, she had been a stray wandering around our backyard. We brought her in, and she started peeing on our bathroom throw rugs, which have a rubber backing. I asked the vet and she said that rubber or latex backing tends to give off a faint smell similar to ammonia. Some cats are more sensitive to the scent than others. (And my poor kitty was just trying to figure out where she was supposed to go potty now, since she's inside all the time!) We got rid of those rugs and got new ones that had no backing at all on them. Guess what? Gretchen immediately stopped peeing on them! (Of course, Kara then took up the habit because they were new and she didn't like them. Totally different problem. We now have bare bathroom floors.) But for Gretchen, it solved the issue.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: About Ready To Skin My Cat - PHMadameAlto, Sat Feb 24 18:26:02 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: About Ready To Skin My Cat - kittyromeo, Fri Feb 23 15:01:49 2007