return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: litter disposal

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: kittyromeo at Tue Jun 5 23:25:21 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by kittyromeo ]  

No experience on the litter locker, but I am using a diaper champ for a pink furless child. I choose it because a couple of my girlfriends had diaper genies and were only frustrated with them, plus the added cost of the special bags, which don't contain the smell much.

I wouldn't dream of using either for litter. The deep well you drop your smellies in works with a neatly rolled and taped diaper but almost anything else I've dropped in it has gotten stuck in the fine gap the 'plug' rides in to contain the smell. (not that it actually contains the smell) And I've got a mold growing in there that eats lysol spray for lunch. Seriously. Took it outside for bleach, water and sunshine, water got trapped in the top portion and drained for a couple days. Would not want it on carpet.

I consider it more of a physical barrier to keep the pink thing from playing in her poo. Its emptied every other day if not every day.

Plain old double bagging the litter scoopings works better. When I scoop, I tie off the first bag, then cover the entire wastebasket opening with the second and flip. Any gap in the tied off top in the first bag is closed off in the bottom of the second bag so the risk of dribbling dirtly litter is gone, and there is no hole to let the stench out.

I'd be worried the litter locker was a cute idea more practical for lightening your wallet then keeping your place smelling fresh.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: litter disposal - faerie822, Wed Jun 6 09:02:22 2007 image in post

<< Previous Message:  litter disposal - faerie822, Sun Jun 3 21:06:43 2007 image in post