return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Found a couple puddles

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Chatanuga at Mon Mar 31 10:02:41 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Chatanuga ]  

Back around the middle of February, one of my two cats left a puddle of urine in my upstairs hallway shortly before I woke up. I wasn't sure which one did it since both were running loose during the night. I got it cleaned up, and at the time, Casey was still in his kennel while I was at work. When I came home, Chessie had thrown up some of his food in a couple spots while I was at work. I got it cleaned up. He was just fine before and afterwards and was eating, drinking, and acting normal. I called my vet's office, and they said that it probably was nothing to worry about unless he started acting sick or kept throwing up.

This morning, I woke up, and I found a puddle of urine in my living room. I went to the kitchen to get some paper towels to clean it up and stepped in a second puddle on the kitchen floor. I got both puddles cleaned up. Both cats were acting fine when I left home for work so I don't know which one did what or if it was just one of them leaving the messes.

Does anybody have any recommendations on what I should check in terms of what might be causing this? I keep their litterboxes clean, cleaning them at least once a day (twice a day during the week). I also completely change out their litterboxes and wash them out once a month. The only common thing that the two times have in common is that it has happened on a Monday morning shortly before I wake up when both cats have the run of my place (just shut out of my bedroom so that I can sleep). And in both cases, I've seen them both using their litterboxes shortly after discovering the messes.
-----

Chessie and Casey Jones relaxing together.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Found a couple puddles - PHKitkat, Tue Apr 1 22:44:48 2008