return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Strange Feline Behavior

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Martisimo at Mon Apr 7 09:20:23 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Martisimo ]  

First - wow, the vet sounds great.

It sounds like you've given this a lot of serious consideration. What does your vet think? It sounds as if they are getting along better now. Obviously, Hazel is a pushy, jealous, but loving kitty. Do you think it would help if you put her up for a bit during the day to give Ben private time with you all to himself? She's right at the peak of that kitten energy age when she's nearly a full-grown cat, but still has the kitten crazies. Do you think part of the problem is that she still has too much 'play drive' for Ben to be comfortable with?

I have six cats, seven total in my tiny house, and some of them are pushier about my attention than others. I find that the ones that 'back off' from me when others push them away do find their way to me later for their 'lovins' while the others are off snoozing or otherwise occupied. Perhaps Hazel doesn't have enough to keep her distracted from Ben?

It seems they all mine have their special areas of the house where they feel the most confident. I have two that hang out mostly in the bedroom and always expect me to take time for them when I'm in there, one that's my kitchen table cat, who asks for pets while she's on the table, and with the other three, my ultra-confident ones, it's wherever, whenever. I didn't really think about it until I was pondering your situation, but they almost never demand my attention unless they are in their favorite spots.

Anyway, just throwing some thoughts out there.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Strange Feline Behavior - sheilasweeny, Mon Apr 7 09:45:48 2003

<< Previous Message:  RE: Strange Feline Behavior - sheilasweeny, Sun Apr 6 19:24:12 2003