return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Myrtle acting strange...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: DestanyF at Tue Apr 27 16:48:35 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by DestanyF ]  

Okay, well Myrtle doesn't like dogs, as most everyone here already knows. But she's been getting MUCH better, in fact, letting him get 6 inches from her (in special circumstances). Well today, I brought the kittens out, one by one, with Myrtle locked in the room to socialize them with the dog. I've been doing this everyday for the last two weeks with no problems. All went well, two of the kits are no longer hissing at Ernie at all! But when I took the last kitten in, Myrtle moved them all under the bed. I waited a while, took her outside and held her in my lap which she enjoyed IMMENSLY, then put her kittens back in the closet. I just went to the room and found two kittens out wandering around, the other two with Myrtle, under the bed! Myrtle came out panting and grunting (which she's been doing periodically all day) PLEASE TELL ME SHE ISN'T IN HEAT!!! Would taking her outside have stimulated this for her (I did this yesterday too). I wouldn't mind her moving the kittens, but now there's a problem. I can't have these tiny babies wandering around and underfoot! Hubby works second shift and comes home late at night, he might step on one while coming in to bed (But would be very careful and probably wouldn't). Did I do something wrong? Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the babies safer?

DestanyF

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Myrtle acting strange... - PHMadameAlto, Tue Apr 27 22:40:04 2004