return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Bengal Cat all of a sudden pooping in my son's room and outside of the litter box

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PHMadameAlto at Thu Feb 10 22:04:51 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHMadameAlto ]  

Your cat seems to have a territorial issue with your son. Because he is small she may perceive him as another animal rather than as a human.

First off you need to have the Bengal evaluated by a vet to be sure the problem is behavioral. Then you may need to get a reference to an animal behaviorist who can look at your situation and really get an understanding as to the problem.

In the meantime, try a Comfort Zone plug-in with Feliway. These are pricey but may help. Also if you can do it, keep your son's room and belongings locked away from the cat.

You may have to resort to meds to solve this problem. Many people may get angry with me here, but if you are dealing with a small child and poopy/pee issues then the child's interest has to come first because of the potential for infection from animal waste. Do your best to minimize contact between the poop and your child, do your best to figure out how to re-train the cat to accept the child. Good luck to you. Usually cats and children can co-exist without trouble and if you are persistant you will find the way!

-----
Smile, it will make them wonder what you are up to!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Bengal Cat all of a sudden pooping in my son's room and outside of the litter box - Meggy50, Fri Feb 11 10:23:50 2005

<< Previous Message:  Bengal Cat all of a sudden pooping in my son's room and outside of the litter box - Meggy50, Thu Feb 10 10:49:34 2005