return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Scared cat!! Need some suggestions!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Kristi62870 at Sun Jul 17 22:18:59 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Kristi62870 ]  

Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for suggestions in helping my kitty!

We have 3 "garage" kitties. They are definitely outdoor kitties, but we make sure they have a nice, safe, place to sleep in our garage each night.

One of our cats (they are almost 3 years old) went missing for 3 days. She is definitely the one that wasn't scared of anything and we were really afraid that she acted too tough with something, possibly a coyote, and it got her. Finally, when we almost gave up, she popped up in a window like usual when she wants to come in to the garage via our house. Usually I will open the door and she will go straight to the garage. This time, she stayed hunched up and fearful and I had to physically go up to the window sill and get her. It has been a week and she will not go outside. She is clearly afraid of something. When we open our garage doors, she will not go out like usual and just be hunched up in some corner. She is VERY scared of something outside. Although we don't mind if she stays inside every day 24 hours a day, we find it really strange because she loved the outdoors and was the first to want out. We want her to roam and love the outdoors like she did before. Do you think this is something she will eventually enjoy again after her fear level drops off a bit ... should I do something? I tried coaxing her outside ...even carrying her once...but she almost clawed my eyes out wanting to go back indoors. I hate that her life is so boring and depressing being in a garage

I will say that she does still love us and will allow us to pet her and love on her, but you can tell she is clearly not the same kitty and is a little bit apprehensive of us.

Any help or tips would be appreciated. If it is something that has to just run it's course, that's fine.

Thanks,
Kristi

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Scared cat!! Need some suggestions! - Tilda, Thu Jul 21 12:29:15 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: Scared cat!! Need some suggestions! - PHMadameAlto, Thu Jul 21 20:21:15 2005