return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Female Cat "Marking"?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: DogTired at Sun Apr 23 15:56:45 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by DogTired ]  

Hi! I am pretty new to the cat world, but I have a general knowledge of feline behavior. About 2 months ago I found myself suddenly with a new kitten, as her current owner was not caring for her properly. We don't know how old she is, but with her growth in the past 2 months and the size she is now, I am guessing she may be 10-12 months? She looks to be nearly full grown now. She hasn't had her first heat yet, and I am not sure when that is supposed to happen.

I have read the posts regarding litterbox issues, but none of them are exactly what I am going through. Kitty is using her litterbox without an issue. But, every so often she will walk to a corner of a room, sniff a piece of clothing, or a bag, or towel (whatever is there) and she will quickly jump on top of it and "mark" it. She isn't peeing as normal, as it is only a few drops, but the odor of those few drops is horrid! Do female cats mark things? If so, would getting her spayed help with this? She is an indoor only cat, and has only started doing this in the past week. Nothing has changed at all since we've gotten her, and her litterbox is always clean. And, like I said, she pees in the box regularly. Any suggestions or ideas as to why she is doing this, and how to stop it??

Thanks!

Kitty & Zelda

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Unusual Scratchin - d_ray_ca, Fri Apr 28 10:17:24 2006
<< Previous topic:  Cornish Rex gone mad! - MsMiranda, Wed Apr 12 09:34:24 2006