return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Kitty Es Loco/Haunted app't

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: kittyromeo at Tue Oct 31 11:05:34 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by kittyromeo ]  

We had a cat growing up that would stare at dust motes - just loved them. Tap, swish the tail, blink, turn around to ignore them then roll back over to stare somemore. whatever, kitty was content.

In college, I lived in a old building for awhile. My next door neighbor was convinced there was a female ghost his kitten was staring at in one corner of his place. He was so convinced it was a ghost he went downtown and pulled the records on this building. It had opened in 1910 as a women's boarding house. That sealed it for him. I told him he had been smoking too much funny stuff and just needed to get a girlfriend. The place was painted that summer and the kitten never stalked the walls again.

The older memebers of this forum might recall my parents old cat Pizzy. Dad put up new wallpaper in the bedroom with a soft sheen to it. Pizzy went ape, hissing, growling, hair on end. Within a week she attacked the wall where the light slanted in around the curtains shredding the new paper. (she was dumb and daft too)

And my current cat Lizzy has one working eye - the other is covered for the most part by scar tissue. She can see a little out of the bad eye and will periodically freak out trying to see something her eyes/brain can't quite grasp.

So cats see things we don't all the time, but that doesn't mean GG Aunt Nellie has come back for a visit. I'd milk the story this week with my friends just for a little scare. But you might want to try a new light cover/shade and have Jersey's eyes looked at next time you're at the vet's.

Enjoy your slightly daft kitty!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Kitty Es Loco/Haunted app't - creepedoutkitty, Tue Oct 31 11:21:21 2006

<< Previous Message:  Kitty Es Loco/Haunted app't - CreepedOutKitty, Mon Oct 30 11:47:10 2006