return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: CAT FOOD QUESTION.....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Herpeto-punk at Sat Aug 7 08:06:07 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Herpeto-punk ]  

Hi! Madame Alto is right-- everyone and every vet has a different opinion on this. I will tell you my opinion, which is based on talking to several vets and doing alot of reading, but there are certainly vets and books that disagree. First of all, we feed premium foods (Iams and Nutro)as the grocery store foods, pretty much all the experts agree are not good for cats. Basically, we feed them as much canned food as we can afford at the time (canned premium food is very pricey to feed to 6 cats), and as they will eat. The dry food is usually just for a quick munch between meals, though there are times that they only get dry, that's not too often. We feed wet twice a day and keep the dry food bowls full. The amount of wet you feed is completely variable to how much your cat weighs and how old she is. If feeding all or primarily wet food between 1-2 (standard size) cans per day is about right. If you feed all wet or mostly wet, just be sure to brush the cat's teeth often, because that is one thing that dry definatly has in it's favor, is helping to clean the teeth. If you decide to stick with grocery store foods, I absoutly recommend switching to wet, because it doesn't contain corn (corn is useless and not very good for cats). If you start using premium, there is more wiggle room.-- Jennifer
-----
And neither the angels in heaven above nor the demons down under the sea could ever disever my soul from the soul of the beautiful ANNABEL LEE

"I saw Othello's visage in his mind And to my honours and his valiant parts Did I my soul and fortunes consecrate."

Dance in the burning flame. Pleasure exhumes the pain. The night turns into flame. Dance, Helena, dance!

In most cases Ellison goes around the pit, jumps over it...or jumps right into it, on purpose, avoiding major injury, either by his own talent, the grace of god, or a combination of the two.

I felt a warm rasping at my throat, then came the aweful truth, which chilled me to the heart and sent the blood surging through my brain. Some great animal was lying on me, and now licking my throat.

Where did this cat come from??

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: CAT FOOD QUESTION..... - JaimeMarie, Sat Aug 7 08:20:46 2004
>> Next Message:  RE: CAT FOOD QUESTION..... - Kittybaby_04, Sat Aug 7 16:50:21 2004

<< Previous Message:  CAT FOOD QUESTION..... - Kittybaby_04, Wed Aug 4 20:23:34 2004