return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Socket: kitten with no eyes

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: AshleyElla at Fri Jul 15 18:44:56 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by AshleyElla ]  

awwwww....I love the name Socket. So many options for nicknames too---Socks, Sockie, Sox, etc.

I have a close friend who also has a cat that was born without eyes. He looks like he is squinting all the time. His name is Stevie Wonder.......lol

My Jasmine was born blind due to retinal atrophy. She is now 5 years old and never ceases to amaze me. She plays, runs, climbs, just like a seeing cat. She gets along well with the others and loves to groom them. When I talk to Jasmine, she always faces me, almost as if she can see me. She craves attention and will cry if she doesn't know where I am. Usually tapping on something close by will bring her running. Sometimes she gets confused and I have to go get her. Occasionally she will get up on something and is unable to get down and needs to be rescued. She knows where every piece of furniture is and rarely walks into things. She will walk into another cat now and then, but they seem to understand and are very patient with her.

Thank you for not considering euthanizing Socket. Special needs cats do just as well in a loving home as "normal" cats and deserve the same chance. They are special in more ways than one and Socket will be forever grateful.

Regards,
AshleyElla

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Socket: kitten with no eyes - PHMadameAlto, Fri Jul 15 21:53:12 2005

<< Previous Message:  Socket: kitten with no eyes - LisaG, Fri Jul 15 09:55:12 2005