return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Types of FELUK

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: hisgirl93 at Wed Jul 27 22:39:37 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by hisgirl93 ]  

Thanks to all of you for the encouragement and very informative response by catbyte.
I'm now going to encourage the rescue group to have Bobbi (the older cat) retested. She is just doing so well! But again, like you said- it could just be dormant for the time being. They also wanted to get her tested for what kind of feluk she has anyway because there is a local group that will find homes for feluk positive cats- but only those with a specific strain.
We are getting Rose (the kitten) retested tomorrow or Friday because she has improved so much. She no longer shows any signs of illness and even as I went in to feed her tonight she was full of nighttime kitten crazies- which is unusual for her to say the least. I had to pull her off my poor feet several times. Hehe. Here is a pic of her:

Ain't she cute? She really has pulled through alot...from severe diarrhea and being kept alive by sub-q injections, to getting a nasty upper respiratory infection twice. Now she is permanently disabled (her back legs seem to have suffered some sort of paralysis) but she does her best. It's kind of funny and sad to see her play because she flops over alot.
Well I could babble about her and Bobbie more but I'll just say thanks for all of the info it was really helpful. I've placed an ad for Bobbi up on the website and am waiting to see what we will do with Rose. I'm pretty attached to her as you can see- but we have 6 kitties of our own and she would be better off to live the rest of her days in a home where she does not have to be kept isolated.
Thank you!!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Senior cat with strange figure. (long, sorry) - fur_momma, Tue Jul 26 18:29:38 2005
<< Previous topic:  Overweight cat help! - xavusangel, Sat Jul 23 22:49:49 2005