return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: how often should a cat urinate a day

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: solaandlunasmom at Sat Jun 16 01:12:37 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by solaandlunasmom ]  

thank you so much for your reply and your sympathy.

As soon as we found out that Luna died of an enlarged heart (and essentially a clot that went to her brain) we immediately had her bilogical brother tested. He had an EKG, ultrasound and echocardiogram. They found that he has a slight defect, but one that will not (or should not) cause any problems. It's called atrial septal defect. Have you heard anything about that condition? I'm taking him in to the same vet in a few month to see if the condition has changed and he's getting the same tests run. They seem to think that if nothing has changed, then this is something he's lived with his entire life and should live a normal, healthy life. He seems normal and acts normal (though he vomits hairballs frequently about - every 4 days - even though I brush him daily and give hairball remedy once a week!) but he's a Norweigan Forest cat mix, so he's a big cat with alot of hair!

Thanks for your response and i will worry less about the urination!

If you have time to write, I'm interested in how your kitties were diagnosed with cardiomyopathy and how you handled it afterwards. It is so traumatizing and even though it's been 19 weeks, I'm still dealing with the guilt of maybe missing signs of the illness, or even though i did cpr in the car on the way to the ER (she stopped breathing once at the vet but her heart was going the entire time), i just discovered a new route to the ER that would have gotten me there faster and I know that seconds count in those cases. And she lost her bowels in the car just as we were pulling up to the vet and then started kicking her head with her back paws. What that the blot clot going to her brain? Was she in any pain? She didn't even make a noise the entire time. Not even a meow.

And I still can't get the image of her lying under my bed in that seizure state. I was just not ready to let her go.

My husband and I have since moved with out other cat because in a month's time I found my neighbor and dear friend dead in her apartment, then both my husband's grandparent died (within a week of each other) and then Luna died. So we are trying to make a "fresh" start, though I seem to still not be able to let go of the loss of Luna. (and i'm on LOTS of medication by the way!)

Sorry to ramble, thanks for any help you can give!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: how often should a cat urinate a day - ttpurr4cat, Sat Jun 16 16:21:00 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: how often should a cat urinate a day? - PHKitkat, Sat Jun 16 00:34:23 2007