return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

update/need advice for skinny cat

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: frostypaws at Mon Nov 26 13:46:43 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by frostypaws ]  

As I posted before, my 13 year old cat Kitty has been losing weight. She went to the vet, got labs done and apparently she's anemic. She's been on prednisone for a couple of weeks now. She was getting 5 mg every day for 10 days; she's now getting one 5 mg pill every other day. This was supposed to stimulate her appetite and put some weight back on her. Well, it hasn't helped. She's still thin, and she eats very little food at a time. She seems like she moves even less now, but then again everyone in my family has been bringing the food to her, to get her to eat. I bought a (dry) cat food that has iron and other vitamins in it, but she won't eat a lot of dry, and she'll eat the wet food but not very much, and sometimes she just licks it.

Also, when Kitty went to the vet they gave her a pill for her fleas (Capstar). Well, I didn't have the money to get Frontline and get rid of the fleas on my other cat, so now I think Kitty might have fleas again. Could the fleas be contributing to making Kitty not feel well?? I have to pick up some Frontline this week, yesterday I put some stuff from Petco (like a very cheap Frontline) and put it on both cats. How long should I wait before I put the Frontline on both of them?? And is there anything I can give Kitty that has lots of iron in it that she'll actually eat? I'm just getting very frustrated because I want her to eat and be okay, I'm not really sure what to feed her and I don't know what the vet will want to do when she goes back or even what he can do (I'm worried about this because I'm really short on money). Any comments or advice is hugely appreciated!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: update/need advice for skinny cat - PHKitkat, Mon Nov 26 23:05:50 2007