return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: my persian cats are not eathing

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Ninga at Tue Apr 8 00:19:26 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Ninga ]  

Krystle, I don't mean to be a witch here, believe me, and if I come across that way I apologize. However, unless you have taken your precious babies (at least I hope they are to you) into an animal doctor (veterinarian) you are simply playing Russian Roulette with their lives. Medicating cats is a very risky business. Cats can NOT take the same meds that humans or even dogs can. Many vets will work with you on payments and they know what medicines will and will not work on cats. If it is a virus then you are just giving them medicines that will not do any good. ONLY a veterinarian can diagnose what is wrong with your furkids. It is imperative that a vet see your babies right now.

I'm only being this testy because we lost a much loved cat last year to stomatitis. This is a disease that starts in the mouth (teeth). She was such a solitary cat that we didn't catch the problem until it was too late. Please, please get your babies into the vet NOW. Don't wait, and please don't take a non-veterinarians advice. You wouldn't put the life of a human child in the care of a "horse-doctor" would you?
-----
Topaz an Da Idyho Clan
Vester, Mystry, Trey, Gidget, Tuff. Rusti, Michael, Carmen, KC, Badger, Panda, MamaCat, Tasha, Chip, Sierra and Tribble

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: my persian cats are not eathing - cristina, Sun Apr 13 12:21:46 2003

<< Previous Message:  my persian cats are not eathing - cristina, Mon Apr 7 12:21:23 2003