return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: My Cat was attacked and now won't eat- What can I do?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: tigerlilly at Thu Nov 4 11:17:17 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by tigerlilly ]  

Hi there! I just got all your messages, I'm glad I decided to check the thread. I'm sorry if it seemed as if I was ignoring your messages- I appreciate any and all advice. Ok, well first, I will try the tender vittles- see how that goes along with using baby food and if I could dilute A/D enough to pass through a syringe I will try that as well. I'm going to the vet today and will discuss every option possible. I am amazed to hear of that appetite pill. I can't believe your animals responded so well to it. That would be a miracle if mine would as well. And as for my dog that attacked her, I had to put her to sleep which was one of the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life- I've never done that before and if I would've had any other option, I would've used it. My dog- her name was Yoko, was a 9 years old lab/rottweiler mix and had attacked every single one of my other animals including my 15 year old toy poodle, my 10 year old rat terrier (over 5 times at least) and my husky and had repeatedly stalked my other cat in the house. SHe had never attacked (Ma-Mi) my other cat before until 2weeks ago and that was all I could take. Life was becoming too chaotic. I'm also pregnant for the first time and so I knew that I had no choice. I cry all the time over it seriously, but I know I made the right decision. SO no, the dog that attacked her is no longer a threat to any of my other animals. Sorry about the rambling...I will update on the thread after my visit today with the vet- Thanks for listening and for the advice!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  my kitty is throwing up badly..HELP! - sayuri706, Sun Oct 31 01:38:58 2004
<< Previous topic:  My cat stopped eating(a little under 1 yr old).. now he eats a little - dianarouh, Thu Oct 28 09:09:00 2004