return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

My cat was attacked and now is doing Great!!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: tigerlilly at Mon Nov 15 11:59:10 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by tigerlilly ]  

Hi there! This is just to let those know who so graciously offered up their expertise and knowledge how thankful I am for all the advice on my cat Ma-Mi who was attacked by my dog and had stopped eating for at least 3 weeks. Her vet had put her on a hormone to help stimulate her appetite and 4 days after starting her on it, she showed interest in food for the first time in weeks! She didn't eat right away but she started to sniff food and check it out. I still had to use a syringe to feed her baby food again but I noticed that she was licking the food up after I squirted it in her mouth and I decided to put some baby food on a plate and put it in front of her and she licked it up-all of it! I couldn't believe it. Then I tried some tender vittles as someone suggested but she seemed to be having problems with it and I kept hearing a clickin noise, everytime she tried to chew and she just didn't seem to be able to eat anything semi-solid. Well her wires in her top jaw were causing the noise and problem. These wires were put in to stabilize the jaw during the healing process. Well Ma-Mi took care of that. They weren't to come out until at least 2 weeks from now but she somehow worked part of the back piece out( the part that was the most intrusive in her mouth) and hasn't stopped eating wet food since. Hard food is still too much right now for her but she's looking fabulous and feeling great. She is like my shadow in my house. She's always on my lap purring now. And the vet said the piece she got out was fine because her upper jaw was almost healed completely anyway. She still has some wires to stabilize the top and bottom jaw and those will need to be removed but in the meantime the piece she got out was the one piece that could've come out if need be. Can you believe how lucky that is? I am so thankful for all the advice that was given to me and without it I don't know if Ma-Mi would be here. I had no idea about using baby food, or about appetite stimulants to help increase hunger. I knew nothing so Thank You All for everything. And most of all, Ma-Mi thanks you. Here's to continued healing and to the kindness of strangers! When I get the chance I'm going to post a picture of Ma-Mi so everyone can see how great she looks! Thanks again.
Shannon and Ma-Mi

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: My cat was attacked and now is doing Great!!! - JaimeMarie, Mon Nov 15 19:05:19 2004