return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Another renal failure/lack of eating case!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jaywest at Fri Mar 18 09:53:53 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jaywest ]  

Hi there, sorry that you and your kitty are going through the same thing.
Ben has been in the hospital (new doc) sincce Wed. They have kept him on IV fluids and checking with the vet today, he is eating well and all his high levels are back to normal with the exception of potassium. For some reason this doesn't seem to get much better. His system isn't retaining it. He had a full body xray yesterday all was basically ok. The kidneys looked fine just a little smaller, not anything he said to be concerned about, he does have something he can't tell what by his right lung, very small. The big problem is he still has his head hung down and unsteadiness when walking. The doc thinks prob. something to do with the brain poss. Maybe a tumor. I don't think so though, this head thing and unsteadyness came on all of a sudden aft. a visit at the other vet. I think if it were a tumor, he would have had some gradual effects from it before then. They gave him a steroid injection to see if this would help. The doc basically I guess is preparing me. I told him I want to bring him home since he seems stabilized. He said that is fine, just to wait until tomorrow to see if shot had some benefit. As long as he isn't suffering and is eating I want him home, just afraid of the head thing. He thinks poss. kidney are may not be functioning right and it is just a matter of time. I just don't think it is his time. I am checking all the holistic stuff out. I know it sounds weird, but maybe massages, protein diet and anything else I can think of wthat will help him. I just don't want him to be disoriented. The doc thinks tht is why he may not be walking around much. Let me know how you are doing. LiL

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Another renal failure/lack of eating case! - PHMadameAlto, Fri Mar 18 17:05:11 2005 image in post

<< Previous Message:  Another renal failure/lack of eating case! - ponygal1129, Wed Mar 16 20:50:23 2005