return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: 3yr old female lethargy/eating problems

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PHKitkat at Mon Jan 1 23:31:12 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHKitkat ]  

Hi There,

Thanks for the update. I know how frustrating it can be when tests are done and there is still no diagnosis. But a lot of serious things have been ruled out, and that is good!

There is a possibility that your baby might have gotten into something mildly toxic, just enough to make her feel lethargic and anorexic, but not enough to affect her organs. Or that she managed to contract some kind of virus or bacterial thing from another cat. Does she ever come into contact with other cats? Could she have possibly gotten into some kind of cleaning product or something else that might make her ill? I know this would never happen intentionally, but our cats sometimes get into places we would never expect. I have a cat that found and ate some chocolate, unknown to me, and she became very sick as a result. Nothing showed up on labwork, but while cleaning, I found a wrapper from chocolate.

Anyway, your baby does sound like she is doing a bit better. As long as you can keep her eating, she should continue to improve. You might want to consider offering her some strained meat baby food (with no onion added) to see if it will help her appetite.

Testing for Feline Leukemia is always a good idea if it has never been done, and FIV can be helpful also, but I would skip the FIP test. It is very inaccurate and not worth the expense.

Please remember to keep us updated

PHKitkat

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: 3yr old female lethargy/eating problems - resteazy, Wed Jan 3 18:26:03 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: 3yr old female lethargy/eating problems - resteazy, Mon Jan 1 21:24:43 2007