return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Dying Cat

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PHKitkat at Wed Sep 12 19:18:46 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHKitkat ]  

Hi,

It hurts so bad because we love our precious babies so much. The love we share with them is totally unconditional and like no other. They are there for us through difficult times and never judge us. For all they give they ask for very little in return. The love is pure, and perfect.

Unfortunately, the time always comes when we have to let them go. How wonderful it would be if we could have our babies here with us for our entire lives, and that they would remain healthy. But animals age fast and their bodies wear out faster. So we have to say goodbye.

Euthanasia is a decision that is both difficult and easy. We know it's the right thing to do for the animal, but it is oh, so, difficult for us.

I believe that life goes on and in a sense our babies never totally leave us. A few days after Timothy's passing, I had a dream about him in which he jumped on the bed. He was young and healthy again and I remember clearly what it felt like to pet him. Somehow, in the dream I knew that this was a visitation and I welcomed Timothy back. He let me know that he is ok. I also believe that I will see him again when it is my time to leave this world, along with my other precious Angels.

This week I am starting a memory book for all my babies that have left me. It will be a nice way to honor them. Perhaps, in time, you will be able to do something similar, or maybe even write a story or a poem for your baby.

I will be thinking of all of you on Thursday and will be sending healing GLOW your way.

Regards,
PHKitkat

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Dying Cat - kwinters, Wed Sep 12 21:19:12 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: Dying Cat - kwinters, Tue Sep 11 21:26:01 2007