return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

7 yr old baby has stopped eating

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: amr77 at Tue Oct 9 08:43:06 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by amr77 ]  

Please, if someone has any advice....

My 7yr old tabby, Holly, has stopped eating in the past few days. I had noticed about a week ago that her behavior had changed. She is normally a very happy, active cat, always greeting me at the door..up on my lap in an instant to convince me to share my yogurt. A week ago, she started laying on the couch, not getting up for anything. After 2 days of that, I began watching her closely. She seemed to have difficulty moving, especially in the back legs. Very very lethargic. I set her on the ground and her back legs went out from under her. She walks delicately like it might be painful. She has a strained, dull look to her eyes. She still drinks water and will lick at wet food, but really doesn't eat it. She will urinate and defecate, but the only time I have seen is when I place her in the box, not on her own. She seems to not want to get up otherwise. I took her to the vet yesterday and they ran some tests. Supposed to call me this afternoon. The vet is going to guess heart problems and says her blood appears anemic. He did not sound reassuring, but we're waiting on the tests.
Is there anything I can do for her in the mean time? She has never had any health problems and seems too young for this. She was fine and was her usual self a week ago. Our other 2 cats both went through a "bug" a few weeks ago, but were only down for 2 days or so. She seems to have something similar, but is lasting a whole lot longer. She is the oldest of our 3.
Holly was my first kitty and it's been she and I have been through everything together. I'm at a loss of what to do for her.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: 7 yr old baby has stopped eating - PHKItkat, Tue Oct 9 19:49:05 2007