return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

9 year old cat won't eat

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: eskymos84 at Mon Sep 1 18:25:39 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by eskymos84 ]  

I got a 9 yr old male cat, was at the vet Sat&Sun this Labor day wknd. It turn ed out he was constipated, got a enema, blood work was done along with set of 5 xrays, and no crystals in his bladder, tho his glucose was high,300,and had some glucose be dumped into his urine(not alot according to the vet) was put on insulin and lactolose to soften his stools. I had to bring him back Sun for the 2nd enema and which the vet put I V 's in him to help rehydrate him too. He has been home a lil over 24 hours and hasnt eaten or drank at all, I have force fed a lil bit today.Now I didn't give him the insulin til today(vet forgot to give me the prescrption and called it in today) around 530pm and it is .2units/cc 1 time a day.
Now around the 4th of July he had serious problems also, blocked urinary tract, needed a catherator,bloodwook and ened up getting insulin(vetsulin it was called) and after 2 weeks vet told me it was ok to stop giving him the insulin, but he is on Hill W/D dry mixed with Purina Urinary tract food, 50/50 mix which he was eating fine til today. he has only been home 24 hours and is peeing ok from the IV's and is taking clavamox 2 times a day, on the Lactolose 1 time a day now, and the insulin 2 units/cc 1 time a day. Should I be worried? Maybe he is still upset from the trauma at the vet? He better than he was in the last 2 days, sleeping a lot, but this cat won't eat nothing unless I force it, no treat, food, but like I said it has only been 1 day.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: 9 year old cat won't eat - PHKitkat, Mon Sep 1 19:29:14 2008