return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Food Change

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: taxcatkim at Wed Dec 10 09:58:38 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by taxcatkim ]  

I realize that vomiting can mean hundreds of different things. What I'm suspecting this time is a food change problem. Our vet put two of our cats on Hills W/D because it has more fiber than some foods out there. The additional fiber was added due to loose stools that the two cats have. After multiple negative fecals, we're doing "trial and error" with different medicines and foods. Right now, we're in food mode.

The problem is that I didn't really introduce the W/D properly into their diet. I put some down to see if they liked it and all 4 ended up eating it, so I just left it and kept refilling the bowl. One of the cats has vomited a couple of times today since the change. My suspicion is the food change, so my question is....now that I know I messed up and didn't introduce the new food properly, it's a little late to go back and fix it, so any idea how long cats have the tummy upsets while on the new food? If I leave them all on the new food, should I expect the vomiting to just go away in a couple of days? A week? He's certainly hungry and is eating, he's also acting normal other than the occasional puke. Just trying to gauge when the vomiting is not from the diet and is from something else.

Thanks again.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Food Change - PHMadameAlto, Wed Dec 10 18:32:01 2003