return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: 7.5 month old kitten's Ears dry

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: karlacue at Thu Jan 15 16:41:11 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by karlacue ]  

>>I have a 7.5 month old adopted kitten and recently I took her to the vet because I noticed her scratching her ear and shaking it alot. Well the vet told me she had ear mites and cleaned out her ears with Otomite Plus. She gave me another bottle and told me to put a few drops in each ear twice daily for 7 days. I have another adopted kitten of 7 months that also was treated for ear mites as well the same day. Well the problem started after about 4-5 days of treatment I noticed their ears were very dry so I stopped treatment. I couldn't see hardly any ear wax in both kittens ears and I figured the mites would be dead. Well its been about 2 weeks since I stopped treatment and the 7.5 month still has one ear that is really dry and she scratches constantly.
>>
>>Anyone have similiar problems after treating for ear mites?

I think those drops are really irritating. But, on the other hand, by stopping the treatment before completion you may have actually not killed all the mites, and there may be a secondary bacterial infection that is provoking the irritation. I think you should take both kittens back to the vet and ask him if he has something called Revolution? It's a lot more expensive medication, but it works great. If he doesnt have that, some vets use frontline (the one for fleas), applied directly in the ear for ear mites.
-----
Bob, Daisy, Karla and the Goldfish

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: 7.5 month old kitten's Ears dry - PHMadameAlto, Thu Jan 15 20:59:10 2004

<< Previous Message:  7.5 month old kitten's Ears dry - philiph23, Thu Jan 15 12:54:20 2004