return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Seizure ?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: K_Softly at Fri Jul 23 00:20:59 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by K_Softly ]  

Hi!
((((PHMadameAlto ))))) Thank you sooo much for your response... Booger seems to be easing on this.. I still think I see him with a "twitch"... but not sure.. I'm watching him closely.. And when I mean closely, I mean sitting there every now and then and staring at him to see if he does this repetative... I'm just not sure.. Seems like it may be easing?
He is playful... lovable.. is eating well, and isnt "hiding" as cats do when they are not well.. And Booger USED to be one that stayed hidden most the time since he was little.. He has always been a bit of a "recluse" but in the last year he has gotten more social..
The really strange thing is that my 16 yr old Cat, Sylvestor.. when he was given to us from a veterinarian that found him, he went into seizures the very next day! He was very tiny.. I held him and rushed him to a emergency clinic.. as the vet who gave him to us, barely 8 hrs before this all began, wouldn't answer his answering service calls.. I found his home phone.. and he answered! I asked him to help, he blew it off. and I in turn TOLD him off, and asked him what kind of vet he was to take an OATH to not let an animal suffer.. I felt he owed us at least a peek at this kitten that he was going to "have to put down" if he didn't find a home for it.. So I took it, as I wasn't about to see it put down.. Anyway.. I told him what I thought of him, then hung up and rushed the little guy to a emergency clinic.. When I arrived.. they said they feared it to be neurological since he was so tiny... and suggested that he be put down, because even with lots of testing which would be very expensive, the chances that he would survive was slim.. Well.. I said ok.. and was bawling like mad, they took him, and when they came back.. I thought it was to tell me that he was at peace.. but they had him in their arms!! They told me that the "vet".. (whom I later found out was the SAME vet I chewed out.. he happened to be part owner of the emergency clinic..and they had called him for advice!) Well.. he told them not to charge me much, and to keep the little guy overnight since I had fallen in love with the little guy so much, barely overnight.. The next a.m. they called.. said that he was up and eating.. his seizures had ceased through the night.. and that he was BLIND! But.. that this is typical of bad seizures.. and that there was a very good chance that his eyesight would come back! I went to get him,... and little by little his eyesight came back and he,(Sylvestor)has been great ever since.. What in the WORLD caused the seizures? I haven't a clue.. And now that this has happened with Booger.. I thought it pretty strange.. and I started questioning myself.. Is there something?? that I have around? .. anything.. that they could have gotten into!? But.. you see.. this is like 14 yrs apart! I am very careful with meds.. never leave anything like that laying around.. The only thing I have EVER seen either cat mess with that they should not.. is the "Roach Gold" traps.. and many years ago I saw Sylvestor trying to mess with it.. so I put them in areas that they cannot get to.. Next thing I thought was maybe? if a roach got into the trap, ate whatever is in it, and then the cat got the roach? I don't know.. all I know is I have tried to think of anything that could be possible.. Just seems strange that this happened..
I will continue to watch Booger very closely.. And if I still see this, then he will go to the vet.. Problem is.. I JUST moved to Sedona, Az. and don't know much of anyone yet.. The girl next door has a persian that is older.. so maybe she will know of a vet that is good in this are.. She just moved in, but she is from here originally, so that may help.. I will watch for her and ask her if she can suggest someone..
Sorry this is so long.. but I try to grasp at whatever I can think of to figure these things out..
I greatly appreciate your input.. There's nothing better than knowing someone cares too.. Thank you..and God Bless you and yours..
I will keep all post! WHOA! Speaking of ... BOOGER just jumped up in my lap.. think he knows I'm keepin' a close watch on him! lol
Thank you again.!
K

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Seizure ? - DestanyF, Fri Jul 23 10:30:06 2004
>> Next Message:  RE: Seizure ? - BillyD, Tue Oct 12 08:40:01 2004

<< Previous Message:  RE: Seizure ? - PHMadameAlto, Wed Jul 21 21:39:51 2004