return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Anemia

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: cherrypiekitty at Tue Mar 29 20:07:17 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by cherrypiekitty ]  

You know the problem with having a veterinary office with multiple doctors is that they always have conflicting views. Blood results came back normal with the exception of the anemia; the doc that saw him thought that my cat may have gotten into some poison and that the current doctor at the office knew about it, so I should talk to him. However when I talked to the other doctor; he said he doubted it was poisining and to bring my cat back in... after some physical examination the doctor felt that something was in his stomach. Either something eaten or possibly a tumor. He took the cat back with him this evening to the main clinic to do some x-rays and called me not long ago to say that there was two much fluid in the abdomen to be able to tell. He's going to have to go in and do surgery tomorrow morning; I get to come in and watch. I'm scared... he said if it was something he could remove he'd do it; but there's the possibility that it could be a tumor; in which case he would be able to euthanize him while he's already anesthisized. So I suppose I'll find out tomorrow morning. I am so thankful that the doctor is going out of his way for me like this... we normally close at 5:30 but he did the x-rays an hour ago, which would be around 7. I suppose I'll find out what's going on tomorrow... he's just the sweetest cat. Even after the doc was done examining him and was just talking to me; he was leaning over the table when Oliver (that's my cat) just slowly crawled up his arm and curled up laying down on the doc's shoulder/back of neck and was purring. He's found his way into so many of our hearts with his strong affection and desire for human contact... which I know that even in the worst scenario; will never be forgotten.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Anemia - PHMadameAlto, Tue Mar 29 20:34:56 2005 image in post

<< Previous Message:  RE: Anemia - PHMadameAlto, Mon Mar 28 20:17:04 2005