return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Help!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jujubee8181 at Wed Jun 29 19:22:49 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jujubee8181 ]  

I recently moved from Atlanta to Dallas to live with my dad. I brought my 9 year old calico, Murray, with me. Despite my dad already owning two other cats, for the first month we were here my cat seemed to be doing just fine. She prided herself on being spotlessly clean. She was a bit overweight, but was in pretty good health. Summer arrived and I went for a short visit to Atlanta. I wanted to bring Murray with me, but as I was going by bus (20 plus hours travel time) I decided against it. I was gone for just 2 weeks, but when I returned I was shocked. It looked as though Murray hadn't eaten or washed herself the whole time I was gone! I couldn't help but cry as she crawled out from under my bed. My dad told me that she had hardly come out while I was gone. I've spent the past two days trying to coax her to eat. She won't eat dry cat food. She willingly drinks lots of water. Also, if I leave some milk under my bed she'll drink that. However, I've heard that it's bad for an adult cat to drink milk. Tomorrow I'm going to the store to buy some tuna. Murray always liked tuna and I'm hoping I can tempt her into eating something. I was hoping that somebody would have some more ideas for me. I'm desperate. I love Murray and it would break my heart if she were to die. Please, if you have any ideas let me know! I don't know how much longer she can live like this. Thank you.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Help!! - PHAbymom, Thu Jun 30 00:47:44 2005 image in post