return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

help...diarrhea is driving me nuts!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: hisgirl93 at Tue Jul 26 10:11:08 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by hisgirl93 ]  

Hi guys,
Well I help out a local cat rescue group by doing foster care and am going a little crazy with the current litter of kittens in my house. There are 3 of them, plus their mother...who all have diarrhea. One of our own cats seemed to have caught what they have as well so I took her to the vet to get a diagnosis. They told me it was hookworms and gave her a pill and told me to keep her isolated at home. So I have kept her in our office- which is now decorated with little drops of diarrhea as she doesn't seem to be able to control it all the time.
The vet said the diarrhea should have cleared up in a couple days but it didn't so I gave her some strongid to maybe help clear out the worms (the rescue group gave me some to give to all the kittens for the hookworms because they probably have it too).
So as of today, with a worming pill last week and a dose of strongid a few days ago, our cat still has "leaky" diarrhea and the kittens still have it as well. They received some strongid 3 days ago.
I know that dewormers cause more diarrhea at first but when should I expect it to start clearing up? Should I wait a few days and see what happens or should I call our vet and take our cat in again?
I am getting frustrated since the kittens are kept in one room, our cat in another, and two feluk positive cats in another room. So I am caring for all these sick cats which takes about 45mins a day and I want to get them all better so I can find them homes! Not to mention we will have to replace the carpet in all three rooms. *sigh*
Thanks for listening. Advice much appreciated....

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: help...diarrhea is driving me nuts! - Tilda, Tue Jul 26 10:33:22 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: help...diarrhea is driving me nuts! - PHMadameAlto, Tue Jul 26 21:26:43 2005