return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

new kitten...malnourished and ill

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: nab219 at Thu Aug 25 20:32:53 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by nab219 ]  

I have 3 cats aged 5y,3y and 2y. Two of which are rescued persians. Several days ago I see a tiny kitten crossing the street during daylight. He is feral and going toward a home who feeds the feral cats. That nite I drop off food at the home and there he is. I am amazed he allows me to pick him up and he falls asleep purring. I take him home and to the vet the next day as he has cold symptoms. He is about 10plus weeks and weights 1 pound and 1 ounce. The vet put him on .25cc of amoxicillin and eye ointment. I keep him in the bathroom away from the other cats who know he is there(one cat is putting his big persian paws under the door). He is very affectionate and eating and using the litter box. I still do not know if I am going to keep him since I am not a kitten person. People kind of make comments like "another cat" so I feel like a animal collector or something. To be honest I feel like a stereotyped old maid with cats. Any suggestions? Also how long will the URI last in the kitten? The vet said to isolate him for 14 days and to wash my hands well and also to change my clothes after handling him. I am taking him back to the vet this week and hopefully he will be well enough to get his shots. I think the changing of clothes is too much?? He was tested for ear mites,worms and feline aids and all were negative. Also how much should I expect him to eat?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: new kitten...malnourished and ill - Tilda, Fri Aug 26 07:00:20 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: new kitten...malnourished and ill - AshleyElla, Fri Aug 26 17:46:30 2005