return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Corn Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Caecilian . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - June 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - June 08, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - June 09, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - June 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - June 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - June 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - July 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - June 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Frustrating, persistent discharge

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: AshleyElla at Fri Aug 26 17:25:45 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by AshleyElla ]  

Hi,

It is true that the source of this discharge needs to be further investigated.

I know that your cat is spayed, but I am wondering if perhaps some tisue was left behind and this is the souce of the infection. Does she ever show any signs of being in heat?

There is a possibility that Noodle has a stone in one of her ureters and that this is causing infection. This could be what the mysterious "object" is. One of my cats has a stone in a ureter and she is prone to urinary tract infections because of the irritation. Do you know if the kidneys appear normal on x-ray? Cats with ureteral stones also tend to have stones in their kidneys. A cat can actually become totally blocked by these stones if they are present in both ureters. This happened to a cat that belongs to one of my friends. Surgery to remove these stones is extremely delicate and puts the cat at very high risk so it is rarely performed.

I think that, for now, keeping your kitty on the antibiotics for a longer period of time is the way to go. No matter where the discharge is coming from, it is the correct antibiotic for the infection, as a culture was done.

I am glad that your cat is acting normally otherwise.

Regards,
AshleyElla

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Frustrating, persistent discharge - Tilda, Sat Aug 27 05:16:50 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: Frustrating, persistent discharge - Tilda, Sat Sep 10 05:59:45 2005

<< Previous Message:  Frustrating, persistent discharge - Tilda, Fri Aug 26 07:47:34 2005