return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Attack of the Fleas

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: southernsunbryn at Mon May 29 22:39:22 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by southernsunbryn ]  

My baby, Pandora, is an indoor cat, but somehow she managed to get fleas while I was living with a friend of mine. (I think they came with a couch he bought from a neighbor, but I can't be sure.) I started using Frontline Plus and they would go away for about two weeks, but then come back. We cleaned all the rugs and furniture with really expensive flea powder and kept giving her the Frontline Plus. Shortly after that, I moved into my own apartment. Since Pandora and I moved when she was on her first two weeks of Frontline, she appeared not to have any fleas. My new appartment obviously didn't have any...nor did my furnature, which had been in storage while I was staying with my friend. Everything was fine for about a month and a half, and now she has fleas again! And this time the Frontline Plus is not working AT ALL. It's so gross because they cluster in her whiskers and all over her face. I don't even want her sitting near me, let alone on me, but I don't know what to do. Everyone says Frontline Plus is the best, so what do I do if the best doesn't work? Does anyone have any suggestions? I can't understand how she keeps getting reinfested (I don't ever see fleas anywhere in the house except on her), and I don't understand why the medication has no effect. I've already been told that flea colars are useless, but I thought maybe there was some kind of special food or supplent cats could take internally to prevent fleas. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. I miss cuddling with my baby, but seeing those nasty things running all over her poor face just grosses me out! Please help! Thanks! -Bryn

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Bump on cats neck.. - imgneevrythng, Mon Jun 19 21:38:50 2006
<< Previous topic:  cloudy eye - carmeny, Sat May 13 23:00:40 2006