return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Attack of the Fleas

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Rescuekitty1979 at Thu Jun 1 06:53:41 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Rescuekitty1979 ]  

Hi Bryn

I got my baby from a shelter where they had supposedly been flead and wormed but we found out after a week or so that the house was infested. You could feel them biting when sitting on the couch...even thinking about it now makes me scratch

We did frontline spot treatment in 2 locations on his shoulder blades and were very careful to get the applicator right to the skin. We were also given an aerosol house treatment to use that same night so we all locked ourselves and pepsi in the bedroom over night closed the door and opened the window and had kitty bowls and litter tray in there overnight. I then sprayed the entire rest of the house and slept through. Next day I closed the bedroom door and sprayed everything inside the bedroom.

We then vacuumed all over the house paying particular attention to doorways and the edge of the carpet. I did have to re-apply to the bed a second time as that's where he slept and that did the trick.

We were also advised to worm at the same time and to worm a month later with the next flea application as kitties can get worms from digesting fleas and their eggs. That was 3 weeks ago now and within 30 hours or so we stopped scratching immediately , as did our boy and next week we are using frontline and wormer again to ensure we got the whole lot.

Hope this helps...we didn't believe that anything could help us...bu it worked a treat. Definitely call your vet !
-----
Kind Regards
Pepsi's human Janis
MAX - Earned his wings April 2006 - Sleep tight Pussy Cat

"Like those great sphinxes lounging through eternity in noble attitudes upon the desert sand, they gaze in curiosity at nothing, calm and wise"
Charles Baudelaire

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Attack of the Fleas - southernsunbryn, Mon May 29 22:39:22 2006