return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: AHHH~!!! I got ringworms from my cat

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: lovidentity at Wed Apr 4 23:37:58 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by lovidentity ]  

Hello all!
I took Tolui to the vet today and to my surprise, he doesn't have ringworms! Thank goodness! I had to take him to two diff. vets today b/c the first vet insisted that he did not have fleas without looking thoroughly inside his dense fur; this vet refuse to give him flea meds, and talked to me as if I were crazy for saying my cat had fleas!! So I took him to a cats only vet, and here they found some flea dirt, but said that it's probably one or two fleas. Again, THANK GOODNESS!
However, I have another dilema. My parents are moving to California (we live in NY currently) in June, and I've got to move with them. Right now I have my own apt, but I have to live in the same house with my parents for about 1yr before I go onto graduate school (then I'll be able to have my own place again). Well, here's the problem: my parents are terribly allergic to my cat and will NOT allow me to take Tolui with me. I LOVE him SO much and can't give him to someone else. Living on my own in California is out of the question b/c the apartments there are ridiculously expensive! Do you know of any cat-sitters that will keep my cat for 1 yrs and then give him back to me at the end of the term? Please help me find a solution to this crisis! I'm desperate!! Thank you all so much for your support and advices!!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: AHHH~!!! I got ringworms from my cat - kittyromeo, Thu Apr 5 06:43:10 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: AHHH~!!! I got ringworms from my cat - cyclopsgrl, Wed Apr 4 18:14:51 2007