return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Possible answer to unusual elimination

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Tippy1 at Tue Jun 19 18:38:10 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Tippy1 ]  

I posted a message last week about my cat, Tippy. Thank you to the person who responded with their ideas. During the past few days, I witnessed Tippy having seizures of running, being very panicky, and pooping uncontrollably. Also, where he urinated are the spots where he likes to sit, so all of this is happening involuntarily on his part. At one point, he jumped on my bed near me and fell on his side and pooped. I am glad that I saw this because I was able to relate this to his doctor. She said it was most likely a seizure he was having. She prescribed phenobarbital and he started on it Sunday morning. He gets 30 mg. per day and this is split into 2 doses of 15 mg. each morning and night. It takes 1-2 weeks for it to get into his system. I have been grinding it up and mixing it in his food and he is eating it willingly. I am taking him in for blood tests tomorrow to determine if he may have another disease. I hope that he doesn't have anything more serious than "epilepsy". This has been so stressful to Tippy because it comes on so suddenly and he hides afterwards. There are many articles on this if you go to Google and type in: cats phenobarbital. I will post a message again if there is any more information that would be helpful to cat owners.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Possible answer to unusual elimination - PHKitkat, Wed Jun 20 23:44:33 2007