return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Kitten Walks "Unbalanced"

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: BlackHeartNY at Thu Dec 20 09:52:09 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by BlackHeartNY ]  

This is not good news

I've already adopted 2 kittens from the outside and already have 2 other cats who were born and abandoned. Only one of my cats is a purebred. That makes 5 fine feline friends, and I love them all. I can't possibly take in another (even though I love my outside kitties, too).

Recently, I had to give up one of my grown ferals to the AZ Humane Society because she got sick and had an extremely hard time breathing. I raced her to the Vet only to find out that it would cost me hundreds of dollars just to find out what was ailing her. I couldn't afford it and, instead, relinquished her so that she would get the care she most deserved. I DID have her tested for FELV/FIV and those tests were negative! I did that test mostly for the sake of the rest of the Colony. "Peanut" had been with me since her birth and was a wonderful girl and I miss her terribly. I cry just about everyday for her. Heck, I cried at the Vet's office and had the Vet and staff watery-eyed! Now this .

Could Salem (the Mama Kitty) have Distemper and just not show signs of it? All of my grown and baby outside kits look and seem happy and healthy.. all except this one.. I call her "Cream Puff." Now I just don't know what to do and my heart's breaking for her. I want to get Cream Puff help and I know this would mean relinquishing her, but I have this terrible fear that they'd euthanize her . Blaaahhh, I'm gonna have a lousy day!

Here's a pic of "Peanut," the beautiful girl I gave up to get her healthy again, and hopefully, adopted to a "forever home."
Peanut

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Kitten Walks "Unbalanced" - PHKitkat, Sat Dec 22 00:27:41 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: Kitten Walks "Unbalanced" - PHKitkat, Thu Dec 20 00:10:45 2007