return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Kitten sneexing, heartmurmur and seizure

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PHKitkat at Fri Feb 29 20:09:16 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHKitkat ]  

Hi There,

Concats on your new baby! I just love tabbies and am happy to be owned by a very special one myself

The sneezing is probably not serious but if your baby continues ask your vet if you can give him some Lysine. This is an amino acid that tends to work very well in cats that carry the herpes virus. I have one of my cats on it and I have seen much improvement in her chronic URI. Feline Herpes causes URI symptoms in cats, and cats that have it either experience chronic URI or it recurring. There is no good test for it but there is a lot of this virus out there.

The vast majority of heart murmurs in cats are minor. One of my cats has one that comes and goes and she is doing just fine. The murmur was found when she was 7 years old and she is now 16 and doing very well for her age!

Seizures can be very scary, but, if necessary, they can be controlled with medication. One of mine had several seizures a few months ago and had to spend a couple of days in the hospital. I am a vet tech so I was able to take her home at night with her IV catheter so I could administer valium and steroids if needed. She has done extremely well and has not had a seizure since. Some cats will just have seizures for a day or two and never have another, while others have them on a regular basis without medication. They can also have seizures if they are on meds and the dose needs to be adjusted.

Take care, and please let us know how the vet visit goes. Also, you might want to check out our cat chats sometime. You will fit right in!

Regards,
PHKitkat

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Kitten sneexing, heartmurmur and seizure - MonkeysMommy, Sat Mar 1 06:22:58 2008

<< Previous Message:  Kitten sneexing, heartmurmur and seizure - MonkeysMommy, Fri Feb 29 16:54:17 2008